Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

My Crystal Learning

Kia ora Everyone,

This blog is going to be about what we are doing for topic.  As you my know my class and I have been learning about earth science and rocks, now that we are finished with rocks are learning about crystals. 

So in my class for topic we have been learning about crystals and how they are formed and what crystals need to form. So a few weeks ago we started to make our own  crystals.

What we used to make the crystals with was borax which is a cleaning product and warm water. We also used a plastic cup to hold the water in and we got a pipe cleaner and formed it into a bowl.

So my crystals is on the window sill in my class room. They are forming art the bottom of the cup not in the pipe cleaner like it was supposed to. But it is still kinda forming on the pipe cleaner like at the back of it there is some crystals.

I think that the crystals will still form at the bottom but will still form on the pipe cleaner just not as much as the bottom. I also think that the it will form around the side a bit.

Any way I have some photos of the crystals and some videos. The  first two videos are the same. Here they are I hope you enjoy them...


First the photos...









Now the videos...





Thanks for reading my blog post. Please comment about if you have done this experiment before. Any hope the rest of your day is amazing byeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.